So sorry!William Duguid. (FP)
Sat, November 24, 2012 - 12:09 AM
Barbados Labour Party Member of Parliament William Duguid yesterday said sorry to Barbadians for his shocking outburst in the House of Assembly last Tuesday.
Admitting he had fallen “far short” of the traditions and standards of Barbados’ 300-year-old Parliament, Duguid told a media conference at the Opposition BLP Office yesterday morning that his outburst, which has been widely publicized on the Internet via YouTube and Facebook, was provoked by a Democratic Labour Party (DLP) MP’s insult of his family members.
“I now humbly apologize to my constituents and to the wider Barbadian public. The outburst was the result of the most grievous of provocations, which came from the mouth of a DLP parliamentarian.
“It would be improper of me to repeat the insulting words used, but I will say that they constituted the gravest possible insult to my wife and to my children,” he stated. (RJ)Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port