St Lucia’s first murder for 2014
Fri, January 03, 2014 - 9:23 PM
CASTRIES, St Lucia (CMC) – A police officer came under fire from gunmen as St Lucia recorded its first homicide for the new year.
A police statement confirmed that a 27-year-old man was shot and killed in New Village in the capital last night, adding that “subsequent to that incident, several shots were fired at a police officer who was in the vicinity of New Village”.
It gave no further details, but residents of he area said that police officers came under fire from gunmen when they turned up to investigate the murder of Joel Nobal, who was shot in the head.
In the statement, the police said they had observed Nobal’s body seated on a bench under a shed with a gunshot wound to the head. He was later pronounced dead on the scene by a medical practitioner.
Police said that one man is assisting their investigations.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?