St Lucia’s first murder for 2014
Fri, January 03, 2014 - 9:23 PM
CASTRIES, St Lucia (CMC) – A police officer came under fire from gunmen as St Lucia recorded its first homicide for the new year.
A police statement confirmed that a 27-year-old man was shot and killed in New Village in the capital last night, adding that “subsequent to that incident, several shots were fired at a police officer who was in the vicinity of New Village”.
It gave no further details, but residents of he area said that police officers came under fire from gunmen when they turned up to investigate the murder of Joel Nobal, who was shot in the head.
In the statement, the police said they had observed Nobal’s body seated on a bench under a shed with a gunshot wound to the head. He was later pronounced dead on the scene by a medical practitioner.
Police said that one man is assisting their investigations.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past