St Lucy stop St Michael South at Checker Hall
Sun, October 21, 2012 - 12:02 AM
St Lucy forward Antone Corbin scored a late brace, including the game winner three minutes into stoppage time as the hosts edged St Michael South 3-2 in Friday’s action of the David Thompson Memorial Constituency Councils’ Football Classic at Checker Hall.
Twice the visitors had to come from a goal behind to equalize, with Shaquille Boyce’s 90th minute strike seemingly earning a hard fought draw. But Corbin struck just three minutes later to seal the deal.
Earlier, Michael Young scored seconds before stoppage time to give St Joseph a thrilling 3-2 win over St Michael West.
At Friendship, St Thomas and St Michael Central played to a 2-2 draw, while St Michael North-East and St Michael South-East squared off in a goalless draw. (JM)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years