Stuart: Find the balance
Sat, November 10, 2012 - 12:08 AM
PRIME MINISTER Freundel Stuart is defending his Democratic Labour Party’s position that Barbados is not just an economy, but a society.
The Prime Minister is also urging local businesses and other organizations to find ways to “achieve a dynamic balance between present needs and future capacity”.
Stuart, the president and political leader of the Democratic Labour Party, was at the time delivering the keynote address at the 19th annual conference of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Barbados (ICAB), held yesterday at Hilton Barbados.
“Government has certainly been forced to [find the balance.]
“The term dynamic in this context speaks to creativity and innovation, crucial elements of creating that balance,” the Prime Minister told a packed conference room. (BA)Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’