Stuart steps in on dump issueAndrew Bynoe (File Picture)
Sun, October 14, 2012 - 12:08 AM
PRIME MINISTER Freundel Stuart has intervened in the controversial Bagatelle Metal Dump issue.
Informed sources told the SUNDAY SUN that Stuart, who is Minister Responsible for Town Planning, chaired a high level meeting last week involving brothers Andrew and Paul Bynoe – of B’s Recycling – who have been seeking to acquire the dump from Government.
However, the sources could not confirm the meeting’s outcome.
Back in July the Town & Country Planning Department halted operations at the St Thomas facility after complaints from residents, and advised the brothers to submit an environmental impact study.
The SUNDAY SUN was unable to reach Stuart late yesterday evening. When contacted, Andrew Bynoe said: “We are not in a position to speak on that matter at this moment.”Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past