Stuart steps in on dump issueAndrew Bynoe (File Picture)
Sun, October 14, 2012 - 12:08 AM
PRIME MINISTER Freundel Stuart has intervened in the controversial Bagatelle Metal Dump issue.
Informed sources told the SUNDAY SUN that Stuart, who is Minister Responsible for Town Planning, chaired a high level meeting last week involving brothers Andrew and Paul Bynoe – of B’s Recycling – who have been seeking to acquire the dump from Government.
However, the sources could not confirm the meeting’s outcome.
Back in July the Town & Country Planning Department halted operations at the St Thomas facility after complaints from residents, and advised the brothers to submit an environmental impact study.
The SUNDAY SUN was unable to reach Stuart late yesterday evening. When contacted, Andrew Bynoe said: “We are not in a position to speak on that matter at this moment.”Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Tony Webster commented on MONDAY MAN: On guard, by God’s grace
- Wayne Webster commented on Time to step up
- Pan Wallie commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: I love outside man, despite the blows
- Pan Wallie commented on Fire officers to get a hand