Student deathCave Hill Campus student Shenice Davis died suddenly yesterday.
By Maria Bradshaw | Thu, December 20, 2012 - 12:04 AM
A 21-year-old Trinidadian woman who was studying at the Cave Hill Campus of the University of the West Indies died yesterday morning after collapsing as she was preparing to go home for the Christmas break.
Reports indicate that Shenice Davis fell ill at Grantley Adams International Airport and was rushed by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where she later died.
Close friends said that Davis’ 19-year-old brother, who was at Piarco International Airport awaiting his sister’s arrival, had to catch the next plane to Barbados when informed of her death.
It is understood that he arrived here with his pastor yesterday afternoon.
Chelston Lovell, public relations officer at the UWI, confirmed the incident and said that the brother was receiving counselling from senior officials at the Campus.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Pan Wallie commented on Home cry
- Wayne Webster commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women