By by Maria Bradshaw | Tue, December 04, 2012 - 12:10 AM
AUTHORITIES moved in on a weight loss clinic yesterday and took possession of packages of drugs and documents for analysis.
Police and health officials swooped down on the SureWay clinic at Emperor’s Court, Worthing, Christ Church, after receiving a distress telephone call from an employee.
Three employees were taken into police custody for questioning.
Director of the Barbados Drug Service Maryam Hinds, who was on the scene with a team of officials, told the DAILY NATION: “We have been monitoring this clinic for some time now.”
Last night Minister of Health Donville Inniss reported that the ministry had received complaints about the operations at SureWay, which opened its office in Barbados a year ago.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?