By by Maria Bradshaw | Tue, December 04, 2012 - 12:10 AM
AUTHORITIES moved in on a weight loss clinic yesterday and took possession of packages of drugs and documents for analysis.
Police and health officials swooped down on the SureWay clinic at Emperor’s Court, Worthing, Christ Church, after receiving a distress telephone call from an employee.
Three employees were taken into police custody for questioning.
Director of the Barbados Drug Service Maryam Hinds, who was on the scene with a team of officials, told the DAILY NATION: “We have been monitoring this clinic for some time now.”
Last night Minister of Health Donville Inniss reported that the ministry had received complaints about the operations at SureWay, which opened its office in Barbados a year ago.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’