Surfer rules dance floor
Tue, November 27, 2012 - 12:00 AM
It was a night of dancing with Barbadian stars as the American Women’s Club hosted a fund-raiser at The Plantation recently.
Dancing With Our Stars, influenced by American TV network’s Dancing With The Stars, attracted a number of Barbadian personalities eager to show off their footwork on the dance floor.
Champion rally driver Paul “The Surfer” Bourne teamed up with partner Caroline Mayers to emerge winners of the competition that included Minister of Health Donville Inniss and singer Margaret Bovell.
“We were more than surprised when we started, thinking about who our stars might be and discovered that everyone we called on to participate said yes immediately,” said Waveney Clarke, president of the American Women’s Club.
The first annual event was conceptualized with ACE Dance Club, whose members put in hours of practice with the stars.
The contestants displayed their skills in the waltz, tango and cha-cha.
The trophies were presented by United States Ambassador Larry Palmer. (JS)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Simon Templar commented on Bulgarian charged for cocaine
- Tony Webster commented on AWRIGHT DEN!: Well done, Harold
- Francis Blackman commented on Danger zone
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on Key points: Clive Lloyd on Windies cricket
- Wayne Webster commented on Ebola test for 90 Nigerian students