Swarmed by Bees!(Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Thu, June 28, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Opposition Leader Owen Arthur was engulfed in a sea of red when he arrived at Parliament Buildings yesterday to a riotous welcome by jubilant horn-blowing and banner-waving Barbados Labour Party (BLP) supporters dressed in red.
It was the second day of debate of the 2012 Financial Statement And Budgetary Proposals.
An almost deafening roar went up as the Opposition Leader’s car came into view of the large crowd waiting in the street, and many of them surged forward to embace Arthur who returned the hugs.
Tuesday was the Democratic Labour Party Government’s Budget Day show. Yesterday clearly belonged to the Opposition BLP and supporters like Cytomia Worrell (hugging Arthur) and Rosetta Bishop-Reece (in glasses, holding banner) made it clear whose side they were on. (GC)
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally