Sweet jazzy weekend
Tue, June 05, 2012 - 2:45 PM
Simply put, that’s the word that sums up last weekend’s jazz.
The inaugural CIBCFirst Caribbean Sugar Isle Jazz Festival, which came off last Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Barbados, attracted many a jazz aficionado.
Produced by Deryck Walcott, of Christmas Jazz fame, the three shows have already received some favourable reviews.
The events took place at the Frank Collymore Hall, The Plantation Theatre and the Wildey Gymnasium and attracted musicians like Elan Trotman, Len “Boogsie” Sharpe, The Golden Apple Project, Jonathan Butler and Take 6.
Some familiar faces were Out and About enjoying the jazzy weekend. (CM)
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments