Thu, October 04, 2012 - 12:09 AM
THE Ministry of Education is raising the bar for teachers.
Senior Education Officer in the Ministry of Education & Human Resource Development, Dr Roderick Rudder, made this announcement at the launch of the Education Sector Enhancement Project, an initiative involving the Caribbean Development Bank and the ministry.
The multi-million dollar project is expected to upgrade/build 194 classrooms, train 1 280 teachers and benefit over 18 700 students.
“We must start this project, not from the bottom up but from the top down, starting with those who prepare our teachers,” Rudder said at the workshop launch. (MK)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments