Teachers show off art skills
Sun, January 27, 2013 - 12:00 AM
Seventeen art teachers are featured in an exhibition at the art gallery of the Errol Barrow Centre For Creative Imagination under the theme Watchmen Of Our Heritage. The exhibition opened last Sunday evening.
During the vote of thanks, veteran artist and one of the participants, John Walcott, said: “We are celebrating the creative imagination with effective execution and what a fitting time to celebrate it . . . on the eve of Errol Barrow Day at the Errol Barrow Centre For Creative Imagination.”
Turning his attention to the media, Walcott added: “I would use this opportunity to encourage [the media], may it be print, audio or television; when, for example, a painting or any work of art is presented as a gift to someone or an establishment and the photograph, video clip or audio is done to record the presentation, along with the name of the person or persons presented and those present that the name of the artist be included prominently.”
He said that this should be done, because the artist was rarely mentioned.
The exhibition will run until February 1. (RL)
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally