Teachers show off art skills
Sun, January 27, 2013 - 12:00 AM
Seventeen art teachers are featured in an exhibition at the art gallery of the Errol Barrow Centre For Creative Imagination under the theme Watchmen Of Our Heritage. The exhibition opened last Sunday evening.
During the vote of thanks, veteran artist and one of the participants, John Walcott, said: “We are celebrating the creative imagination with effective execution and what a fitting time to celebrate it . . . on the eve of Errol Barrow Day at the Errol Barrow Centre For Creative Imagination.”
Turning his attention to the media, Walcott added: “I would use this opportunity to encourage [the media], may it be print, audio or television; when, for example, a painting or any work of art is presented as a gift to someone or an establishment and the photograph, video clip or audio is done to record the presentation, along with the name of the person or persons presented and those present that the name of the artist be included prominently.”
He said that this should be done, because the artist was rarely mentioned.
The exhibition will run until February 1. (RL)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended
- Tony Webster commented on THE HOYOS FILE: Living in a Massy paradise
- Larsen Parris commented on Bajan sex workers urged to join body
- Larsen Parris commented on Young hitmen
- Carl Harper commented on Severance mess troubling