Thousands enjoy Settlers
Mon, February 18, 2013 - 12:06 AM
Settlers: The West Coast Experience, which attracted hundreds of paid revellers and thousands of unregistered ones, also involved more tourists this year compared with previous years.
And according to Toni Thorne, managing director of the three-year-old festival, she was constantly working to make it bigger and better each year.
“It keeps growing all the time and we try all the time to evolve the product,” she told the DAILY NATION ahead of the almost five-hour jump up.
“We are still trying to maintain what we would have originally wanted, which is to make people in the younger demographic learn more about their culture but in a very fun-loving way." (MM)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Wayne Webster commented on Boyce: Pardon cricket rebels
- Ann Lewis commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell about my wife’s affair?
- Wayne Webster commented on FULL FEATURE: Barbadians ‘grudge’ icon
- Wayne Webster commented on Call to cut cost of travel in region
- l h commented on Fake interpreter