Thousands enjoy Settlers
Mon, February 18, 2013 - 12:06 AM
Settlers: The West Coast Experience, which attracted hundreds of paid revellers and thousands of unregistered ones, also involved more tourists this year compared with previous years.
And according to Toni Thorne, managing director of the three-year-old festival, she was constantly working to make it bigger and better each year.
“It keeps growing all the time and we try all the time to evolve the product,” she told the DAILY NATION ahead of the almost five-hour jump up.
“We are still trying to maintain what we would have originally wanted, which is to make people in the younger demographic learn more about their culture but in a very fun-loving way." (MM)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- elliot gibbs commented on Home cry
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Orange Peel commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women
- Orson Arthur commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Afraid to tell him I’m not into sex