Tin Pan talented
Sat, November 03, 2012 - 12:00 AM
The stars shone last Saturday at the Tin Pan Alley Variety Concert staged by the Waterford Music and Cultural Society (WMCS). The show featured host Combermere and other schools across the island.
Patrons at the Major Noot Hall did not lack for fine entertainment – never from the 7 p.m. start with the National Anthem and Drummers Call to vote of thanks and grand finale by the WMCS Concert Band.
The accent was on the instrumental sheet music, in keeping with the Tin Pan Alley theme; but there was a potpourri of talent.
There was also comedy from humorist Dy Browne; drama from Ebony And Taylo Productions; singing from Torian, Mandisa and the Parkinson Memorial Pop Band.
Other acts included RPB and Mr Dale. (JS)
- Editor's Choice
- Marva Chase commented on Fake interpreter
- David Hall commented on Call to cut cost of travel in region
- David Hall commented on Cotton concern
- dirtyokra two point o commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell about my wife’s affair?
- Ann Lewis commented on FULL FEATURE: Barbadians ‘grudge’ icon