Tips at the wicket
Thu, October 25, 2012 - 12:01 AM
Prolific young batsmen Kraigg Brathwaite and Anthony Alleyne made a return to the cricket field yesterday at the primary level where they first excelled.
Brathwaite, West Indies Under-19 captain, and his teammate Alleyne were guests at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Guardian General Herman Griffith Primary Schools Cricket Competition at Friendship, Hothersal Turning, St Michael.
Alleyne and Brathwaite also gave words of encouragement to the players from the George Lamming and St Stephen’s teams. The resolute Brathwaite said he developed a love for batting and a thirst for scoring hundreds while playing in the competition for Erdiston Primary.
“Once you put your trust in God and focus on your ability, you can be successful as a cricketer,” he said. (EZS)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past