Toast to centenarian LilianCentenarian Lilian Burrows has the ear of Govenor General Sir Clifford Husbands during a visit today. (Nigel Browne)
By Carol Ann Tudor | Sun, April 17, 2011 - 3:45 PM
Lilian Burrowes is Barbados’ newest centenarian.
She received a visit today from Governor General Sir Clifford Husbands, as she celebrated her birthday with friends and family.
Burrowes, in her younger days, was well known in the Roach Village, St George community having been a needle worker and a small entrepreneur.
The centenarian told Sir Clifford of her days of baking bread and making fish cakes to sell to those in the area.
The centenarian’s only ailment is arthritis, and she prides herself in still being able to bathe and dress herself.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?