Toast to centenarian LilianCentenarian Lilian Burrows has the ear of Govenor General Sir Clifford Husbands during a visit today. (Nigel Browne)
By Carol Ann Tudor | Sun, April 17, 2011 - 3:45 PM
Lilian Burrowes is Barbados’ newest centenarian.
She received a visit today from Governor General Sir Clifford Husbands, as she celebrated her birthday with friends and family.
Burrowes, in her younger days, was well known in the Roach Village, St George community having been a needle worker and a small entrepreneur.
The centenarian told Sir Clifford of her days of baking bread and making fish cakes to sell to those in the area.
The centenarian’s only ailment is arthritis, and she prides herself in still being able to bathe and dress herself.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Is not wanting children selfish?
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?
- D. Stoute commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Mia Colucci commented on Tight-lipped