Tourism mission(Picture by Marlon Madden.)
Mon, November 19, 2012 - 12:00 AM
Following the catastrophic 7.0 magnitude earthquake in Haiti on January 12, 2010, a number of businesses, schools and vital sectors ranging from tourism and agriculture to international business and manufacturing were devastated.
Steeve Delva, front-desk manager at the Le Plaza Hotel in Haiti, is in Barbados with a number of other hotel workers and officials to learn new ways to improve the tourism product in his homeland that was hard-hit by the earthquake.
Delva and Ronald BonneAnnée, a stock manager at the Kinam Hotel, are taking part in a Caribbean Development Bank-financed programme at the Accra Beach Hotel to help rebuild the sector in that neighbouring island.
Here, Ronald BonneAnnée examining some documents with Julesia Samuels, storeroom clerk at the Accra Beach Hotel.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years