Training centre comingThe training facility at the Arch Hall, Fire Station, St Thomas, will start during the next financial year
Tue, December 04, 2012 - 12:08 AM
ATTORNEY GENERAL ADRIEL Brathwaite has assured the Barbados Fire Service that the construction of the training facility at the Arch Hall, Fire Station, St Thomas, will start during the next financial year.
He gave this assurance yesterday as he delivered the feature address at the official opening of the Caribbean Association of Fire Chiefs (CAFC) 2012 Leadership Symposium, at Solidarity House, Harmony Hall, St Michael.
Brathwaite said he recognized the importance and need for continuous training of emergency officials.
The 11-year-old Caribbean-based organization is charged with unifying codes, practices, equipment, training and protocols among fire services in the region and developing and operating the unified regional responder network of fire, rescue and emergency medical service responders. (AH)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years