Transport Board drivers off the jobSome Transport Board drivers were off the job today. (Nigel Browne)
Wed, September 19, 2012 - 11:57 AM
Some Transport Board drivers are off the job this morning.
The drivers walked off just before 6 a.m. and they were joined by other employees including office workers and some from the maintenance department.
Our reporter Carlos Atwell who was on the scene early, reports that the action was taken because of problems related to gratuity payments, as well as pensions. They are also protesting the action of a supervisor at the Transport Board.
The workers are now meeting with Barbados Workers Union (BWU) officials at Solidarity House.
More details to come.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments