Trinidad ‘jolted’ by earthquake
Mon, November 12, 2012 - 10:58 AM
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – An earthquake with a magnitude of 3.8 jolted Trinidad today, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
A statement from the Seismic Research centre (SRC) at the St. Augustine campus of the University of the West Indies (UWI) that the tremor, which occurred at 8.08 am (local time), was located 10.49 north and 61.72 west. It had a depth of 98 km.
The SRC said the quake, which occurred west of Trinidad in the Gulf of Paria, was felt in the port of Spain area as well as Central Trinidad. (CMC)
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?