Trinidad ‘jolted’ by earthquake
Mon, November 12, 2012 - 10:58 AM
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – An earthquake with a magnitude of 3.8 jolted Trinidad today, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
A statement from the Seismic Research centre (SRC) at the St. Augustine campus of the University of the West Indies (UWI) that the tremor, which occurred at 8.08 am (local time), was located 10.49 north and 61.72 west. It had a depth of 98 km.
The SRC said the quake, which occurred west of Trinidad in the Gulf of Paria, was felt in the port of Spain area as well as Central Trinidad. (CMC)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on Key points: Clive Lloyd on Windies cricket
- Wayne Webster commented on Ebola test for 90 Nigerian students
- Wayne Webster commented on ‘Do more’ for centenarians
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Bulgarian charged for cocaine
- Wayne Webster commented on FIFIA officials to return watches