Trinidad ‘jolted’ by earthquake
Mon, November 12, 2012 - 10:58 AM
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – An earthquake with a magnitude of 3.8 jolted Trinidad today, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
A statement from the Seismic Research centre (SRC) at the St. Augustine campus of the University of the West Indies (UWI) that the tremor, which occurred at 8.08 am (local time), was located 10.49 north and 61.72 west. It had a depth of 98 km.
The SRC said the quake, which occurred west of Trinidad in the Gulf of Paria, was felt in the port of Spain area as well as Central Trinidad. (CMC)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years