Sat, August 04, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Mikey has copped three monarch titles in one week.
He was announced as the People’s Monarch for 2012 at Starcom Network yesterday.
He walked away with $25 000 after his hit song We Loose amassed 54 per cent of the votes and beat out Yannick Hooper’s Undecided.
Although Mikey is a king in his own right, he is still very humble about it.
“I thank God for everything, and to everyone for voting. It is indeed a very humbling feeling,” he said.
Here, Mikey receiving congratulatory hugs from his sister Dawn Yearwood (left), who was ecstatic about his win, and friend Tammita Griffith. (DB)
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments