T&T: Former PM collapsesFormer Prime Minister Patrick Manning (FP)
Thu, February 21, 2013 - 5:15 PM
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Feb 21, CMC – Former Prime Minister Patrick Manning was rushed to hospital on Thursday after he collapsed at his constituency office.
Manning, 66, who suffered a stroke in January last year, was “partly paralysed” from what his office said had been a “minor stroke”.
He was flown to the United States for further medical treatment and has not been in Parliament since January 2012.
Media reports said that Manning, who called an early general election in 2010 and lost, was meeting with members of the public at his San Fernando East constituency when he suffered a seizure and was rushed to hospital.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’