Two receive honours from Sir Elliott
Thu, November 08, 2012 - 12:01 AM
Retired diplomat Senator Orlando Marville and retired educator and sports official Carolyn Sinckler were yesterday presented with awards received in this year’s Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave presented the awards during a brief ceremony at Government House.
Marville was given the honour of Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) for his work in the foreign service, while Sinckler received the award of Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for her service to education and sport. (ES
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- wayne husbands commented on Mottley fails to meet PM
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on EDITORIAL: Talk to the people, Mr Stuart
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on THE HOYOS FILE: The menacing mood of passive resistance
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Moody’s: No growth
- Orson Arthur commented on ATM alert