Two receive honours from Sir Elliott
Thu, November 08, 2012 - 12:01 AM
Retired diplomat Senator Orlando Marville and retired educator and sports official Carolyn Sinckler were yesterday presented with awards received in this year’s Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave presented the awards during a brief ceremony at Government House.
Marville was given the honour of Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) for his work in the foreign service, while Sinckler received the award of Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for her service to education and sport. (ES
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past