Two receive honours from Sir Elliott
Thu, November 08, 2012 - 12:01 AM
Retired diplomat Senator Orlando Marville and retired educator and sports official Carolyn Sinckler were yesterday presented with awards received in this year’s Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave presented the awards during a brief ceremony at Government House.
Marville was given the honour of Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) for his work in the foreign service, while Sinckler received the award of Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for her service to education and sport. (ES
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- arlene Browne commented on LOOKA LEW: $3000 in feathers and beads
- elliot gibbs commented on Canadians on bail
- Tony Waterman commented on Sad farewell for Charmer
- Tony Waterman commented on Amputations ‘a case’ for reparation
- Snow Cone commented on Short in Barbados to work, not party