Two receive honours from Sir Elliott
Thu, November 08, 2012 - 12:01 AM
Retired diplomat Senator Orlando Marville and retired educator and sports official Carolyn Sinckler were yesterday presented with awards received in this year’s Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave presented the awards during a brief ceremony at Government House.
Marville was given the honour of Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) for his work in the foreign service, while Sinckler received the award of Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for her service to education and sport. (ES
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Robert Goode commented on Jobs on Hold
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Lawyer challenges court decision
- Carl Harper commented on ALL AH WE IS ONE: The bright poor
- Wayne Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Farmers get short end of sugar stick
- Lisha Clarke commented on Robbery accused sent for evaluation