Under coverHundreds of patrons under the tent at Dover to watch the “A” Class match between Antoine Daniel (foreground) and Marson Johnson. (Kenmore Bynoe)
By Randy Bennett | Tue, January 15, 2013 - 5:09 AM
Bush Hall and Belfield, the homes of two of Barbados’ most popular road tennis courts, could be in for major upgrades.
After witnessing the stunning transformation of the Dover court at the just concluded National Sports Council’s Inter-Parish Road Tennis Championships, Minister of Sport Stephen Lashley revealed that similar plans could be on the horizon for other courts.
“The intention is to make sure that the major courts across Barbados are covered,” he told NATIONSPORT shortly after the competition came to an end Saturday night.
“If we expect to take the game forward, this is the way that we have to go.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Tony Webster commented on MONDAY MAN: On guard, by God’s grace
- Wayne Webster commented on Time to step up
- Pan Wallie commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: I love outside man, despite the blows
- Pan Wallie commented on Fire officers to get a hand