Unoccupied house guttedTwo firefighters extinguishing the fire in Ellerton, St George. (Ricardo Leacock)
Mon, January 14, 2013 - 5:52 AM
A FIRE just after 7 p.m. yesterday destroyed an unoccupied house at James Sisnett Road, Ellerton, St George.
Two water tenders, one from the St John Fire Station and the other from the Probyn Street, Bridgetown headquarters, responded.
Seven fire officers – under the command of Station Officer Gordon Boxill – quickly brought the fire under control.
Reports indicated that the house was owned by Evangeline Moore, who died two years ago. (RL)
- Editor's Choice
- David Hall commented on Call to cut cost of travel in region
- dirtyokra two point o commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell about my wife’s affair?
- Wayne Webster commented on Boyce: Pardon cricket rebels
- Wayne Webster commented on FULL FEATURE: Barbadians ‘grudge’ icon
- l h commented on Fake interpreter