Up to OttisWest Indies coach Ottis Gibson. (FP)
By Haydn Gill, Associate Editor (Sports) | Sun, January 13, 2013 - 12:09 AM
Ottis Gibson is expected to be offered a new and improved contract to continue as coach of the West Indies cricket team.
Amidst reports linking him with a move to Warwickshire as the English county’s director of cricket, the SUNDAY SUN understands that the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) will move swiftly to put an offer on the table to Gibson, whose three-year contract expires at the end of next month.
Informed sources close to the WICB revealed that the board was keen to retain the 43-year-old Barbadian for at least another two years, given the contribution he had made to the set-up since taking over as West Indies coach in February 2010.
It is expected the matter will be high on the agenda when the WICB holds a directors’ meeting in St Lucia next weekend.Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Leif jensen commented on Tough lessons
- Harold Harris commented on Low spirits
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Festival needs ‘helping hand’
- Sodi S commented on 13 million snails put down