UWI test too hard for St Catherine(Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
Mon, August 27, 2012 - 12:05 AM
The name has changed but the result has remained the same. Sagicor UWI are still the kings of local cricket.
The Cave Hill side completed a fourth successive top league triumph in grand style yesterday, winning the LIME Elite Division (formerly Division 1) with a match to spare.
UWI were confirmed as champions after rolling over Republic Bank St Catherine by an innings and 136 runs at Bayfield.
It was their seventh win in eight matches and pushed them to an unassailable 135 points, 40 more than second-placed ICBL Empire.
Here, UWI players and officials, including principal Sir Hilary Beckles (in lilac shirt) celebrating their success with bottles of champagne.
- Editor's Choice
- Godfrey Bynoe commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Dionne Lashley commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Orson Arthur commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally
- Orson Arthur commented on House of horror
- Orson Arthur commented on Belle clear