Voters out earlyEarly morning voting at Combermere School today. (Sandy Pitt)
Thu, February 21, 2013 - 8:13 AM
The roads in St Michael are busy as Barbadians make their way to polling stations to cast their votes in today's General Elections.
While polling stations opened their doors and gates at 6 a.m., some stations were busier than others as can clearly be seen from the long lines and constant flow of voters.
The elderly, visually impaired and disabled are receiving much needed assistance to get to the ballot boxes by family members and friends.
Meanwhile, first time voters can clearly be identified as they stand in line and their young excited faces read that they are ready to exercise their constitutional right to vote.
As the sun gets hotter, the lines will get longer, as constituents in St Michael constituencies, join those in other parishes to cast their votes. (AH)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Orange Peel commented on Raunchy beach party
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Hoping to make friends with other retirees
- daneale o'neale commented on NCC talks today
- James Lynch commented on Export lift
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past