Voters out earlyEarly morning voting at Combermere School today. (Sandy Pitt)
Thu, February 21, 2013 - 8:13 AM
The roads in St Michael are busy as Barbadians make their way to polling stations to cast their votes in today's General Elections.
While polling stations opened their doors and gates at 6 a.m., some stations were busier than others as can clearly be seen from the long lines and constant flow of voters.
The elderly, visually impaired and disabled are receiving much needed assistance to get to the ballot boxes by family members and friends.
Meanwhile, first time voters can clearly be identified as they stand in line and their young excited faces read that they are ready to exercise their constitutional right to vote.
As the sun gets hotter, the lines will get longer, as constituents in St Michael constituencies, join those in other parishes to cast their votes. (AH)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’