By Yvette Best | Sat, December 08, 2012 - 12:09 AM
A number of teachers at The Alexandra School walked out of the annual awards ceremony yesterday morning.
In what appears to have been a quiet, orderly protest, the majority of teachers represented by the Barbados Secondary Teachers’ Union (BSTU) filed out of the school hall as soon as principal Jeff Broomes was introduced to give his report.
They congregated in an upstairs area, returning almost 35 minutes later when Broomes had finished his report.
President of the BSTU, Mary Redman, is maintaining her blackout of THE NATION, and did not entertain any questions about the action of the teachers. It is however understood that the walkout was an alternative to a proposed boycott of the entire event.Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Carl Harper commented on Working to secure future
- daneale o'neale commented on UPDATED:Road fatality on Spring Garden
- Carl Harper commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended
- Tony Webster commented on Wall of Art
- Tony Webster commented on THE BIG PICTURE: Sacred and profane