Wanderers skittle out LIME for 67SIX-PACK: Wanderers’ spinner Chad Clarke-Reifer routed LIME with a six-wicket haul. (Kenmore Bynoe)
Sun, August 11, 2013 - 12:03 AM
Heavy rainfall yesterday caused flooding in some areas of Barbados and resulted in no play in all five LIME Elite seventh series matches because of soggy outfields, but there was still cricket at Dayrells Road.
Home team CounterPoint Wanderers made hay after the sun peeped out just after 1:30 p.m. and allowed play to start at 3:03 p.m., by dismissing their opponents LIME for a meagre 67 on the opening day of their seventh series Barbados Cricket Association’s Division One match.
Left-arm spinner Chad Clarke-Reifer did the damage, capturing six wickets for 20 runs, while pacer Diego Stuart supported with three for 24.
Wanderers, who are seeking promotion to the Elite Division and started the round in third position on 67 points, behind leaders Banks (69) and Yorkshire (68), ended a productive day by racing to 54 for two in 10 overs.
LIME 67 in 26 overs (R. Gittens 17, R. Bates 14, R. Weekes 12; Chad Clarke-Reifer 6-20, D. Stuart 3-24). CounterPoint Wanderers 54-2 (K. Brathwaite 18, C. Holder 10). (EZS)
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?