Water outages in St Michael areas
Mon, November 05, 2012 - 1:25 PM
There are a number of areas without water today.
That's because the Barbados Water Authority is carrying out emergency work on a main leading from the Belle Pumping Station. work started around 10 a.m and 2 p.m.
This work may cause water outages to areas in St Michael, including Salters, Haggatt Hall, Howells & Ivy, My Lord’s Hill, Tichbourne, Two Mile Hill, Government Hill, the Pine, Pine Gardens, Brittons Hill, and the immediate surrounding areas.
A release from the BWA stated that once work is completed, residents in the affected areas will begin to receive water on a phased basis until the supply to all areas returns to normal.
The BWA is also today repairing a burst on a four-inch main in Cane Vale, Christ Church.
The Authority has dispatched water tankers to assist persons in the affected areas. (CM/PR)
- Editor's Choice
- Wayne Webster commented on Boyce: Pardon cricket rebels
- Ann Lewis commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell about my wife’s affair?
- Wayne Webster commented on FULL FEATURE: Barbadians ‘grudge’ icon
- Wayne Webster commented on Call to cut cost of travel in region
- l h commented on Fake interpreter