Wave your flag(Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Fri, November 02, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Pupils of the St Stephen’s Nursery School got an introduction to Independence Celebrations yesterday.
They witnessed a flag-raising ceremony performed by cadets of Ellerslie Secondary School and listened attentively as retired Regimental Sergeant Major Robert Jordan explained the features of the National Flag.
After that it was time for them to happily wave their own flags.
Every Friday until Independence Day, November 30, the pupils will be encouraged to wear the national colours while parents and guardians will be asked to supply strictly Bajan delicacies.
“Sometimes members of the immediate community and also parents will pass through and teach the children about things Bajan,” Jennifer Blackman, a teacher said. (AH)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years