Wave your flag(Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Fri, November 02, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Pupils of the St Stephen’s Nursery School got an introduction to Independence Celebrations yesterday.
They witnessed a flag-raising ceremony performed by cadets of Ellerslie Secondary School and listened attentively as retired Regimental Sergeant Major Robert Jordan explained the features of the National Flag.
After that it was time for them to happily wave their own flags.
Every Friday until Independence Day, November 30, the pupils will be encouraged to wear the national colours while parents and guardians will be asked to supply strictly Bajan delicacies.
“Sometimes members of the immediate community and also parents will pass through and teach the children about things Bajan,” Jennifer Blackman, a teacher said. (AH)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on St Joseph folk cry out for water
- Bim Bum commented on 70 acres scorched
- Orson Arthur commented on Danger lurks in the bush
- Sodi S commented on Smaller turn-out, but Beach Party still thrills crowd
- Orson Arthur commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Jealousy made me break up marriage