Wharf road crashThe accident scene along Wharf Road, The City. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Wed, November 07, 2012 - 12:05 AM
A taxi driver got a shock yesterday when he was involved in a collision with a motorcyclist being pursued by cycle cops.
The still shaken Gregory Rice told the MIDWEEK NATION that he was driving along Wharf Road, The City, just before 1 p.m. when the motorcyclist, riding the opposite direction on a one way street and chased by police, ran into the taxi.
Rice said the rider was thrown from his cycle, flipped over his car, landed on the road and darted away on foot shortly after.
“I thought the man was dead,” Rice said, shaking his head.
Spots of blood on Rice’s shirt were tell-tale signs that the motorcyclist suffered some injury. (YB)
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?