What’s Trending: Baby drama
Sat, June 30, 2012 - 9:52 AM
The Nation’s Online Editor Carol Martindale looks at What’s Trending in Barbados today.
The story this morning which has gripped readers is the one involving the troubled love affair between a couple and their newborn.
It is understood that a 25-year-old Grenadian national turned up at the QEH this week and gave birth to a child. Afterwards, the woman said she did not want the baby and asked for it to be put up for adoption.
Social services officers have been called in to help resolve the matter.
This is what some readers are saying:
Alisha Sthill-Browne: “I respect the mom’s decision because she did not give birth some place and then threw the baby in the dumpster. She's giving this baby a chance at a good life. I'm hoping that a wonderful family adopts this baby.”
Conchita Moseley: “Did this mum know she had no intention of keeping her unborn child? If so she should have made the necessary arrangements for an adoption. I think she is very selfish.”
Cat Rock: “This story is really sad but I hope this child could be given to someone who gives it a safe and loving home as soon as possible.”
For more comments visit our Nation Facebook page
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments