What’s Trending: Bonded in life, death
Thu, June 14, 2012 - 9:45 AM
The Nation’s Associate Editor, Sherie Holder-Olutayo takes a look at what’s trending today in Barbados.
The double funeral and burial of Anthony and Zippora Skeete who had been married for 54 years and died a day apart has several of our online readers talking. Our readers commented on the bond of true love that so many couples lack today, but these two seemed to have. Here are some of their comments.
Jennifer West: This is what most couples dream of- true love! I read this article after reading one on women who cheat as well. Who would want to cheat and miss out on true, perfect love? I would rather stay single and wait to get what this couple had, than cheat! This couple is/was a great example of true perfect love!
Angela J. Thomas Branch: This is true love a thing many of us in this day lack. It is knowing how to fix things when they break and not throwing them away.
Margaret Ross: Safe travels to both of them! We all can learn a lot from this couple. Some people would say this is love, others a broken heart. God's speed. RIP
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally