What’s Trending: Say on scooters
Sat, October 13, 2012 - 10:11 AM
The Nation’s Online Editor Carol Martindale looks at What’s Trending in Barbados today.
A picture of Carl Mapp on a scooter appeared today on the front page of the SATURDAY SUN, our readers too started to relive the old time days when scooters were aplenty.
Princess Tiny Neferua: “Wow a skooter. Only a few days ago I was telling a friend how I use to make them and trolleys, also drinking cups out of Klim and Ovaltine cans. So good to see one again.”
Brerlou L King: “ The steering was ingenious, advanced mechanical engineering. They even had brakes, made from old shoe leather. Always wanted to own one, but could never get a pair of ball bearings.”
Drew Man: “As they would say, ‘old time days come back again’. Those were the days.....I think iam going to build me a skooter.”
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Robert Goode commented on Davis Cup tie at risk
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Woman on way to Barbados had drugs, guns and ammo
- Harold Harris commented on MISSING: Shanique Scantlebury
- Harold Harris commented on Show us!
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on UPDATED: Neighbours charged with wounding