What’s Trending: Strike on hold
Wed, January 16, 2013 - 9:28 AM
The Nation’s Online Editor Carol Martindale looks at What’s Trending today in Barbados.
Readers are this morning talking about the fact that the planned national strike has now been put on hold.
The planned strike was over the way LIME went about the retrenchment of 97 workers.
This is what some are saying about the new development.
Paul Lion Arthur: “PM Stuart steps in again, this man is a real boss. The only man that could have gotten them to delay the strike action.”
John-Ros Johnson: “That’s good. Hope they solve this thing. Hope it don’t come around elections time or some people will lose votes.”
Titus Thomas: “No strike was never going to happen. I really feel for those LIME workers that are being used. This is a Trottie-Freundell show. Will not work with intelligent Barbadians.”
- Editor's Choice
- David Hall commented on Call to cut cost of travel in region
- dirtyokra two point o commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell about my wife’s affair?
- Wayne Webster commented on Boyce: Pardon cricket rebels
- Wayne Webster commented on FULL FEATURE: Barbadians ‘grudge’ icon
- l h commented on Fake interpreter