What’s Trending: Worthy Sirs
Fri, November 30, 2012 - 9:45 AM
The Nation’s Associate Editor. Sherie Holder-olutayo takes a look at what’s trending today in Barbados.
In today’s Daily Nation front page story it was revealed that Chief Justice Marston Gibson along with a leading academic, Dr Frank Alleyne have been conferred with the knighthood, in this year’s Independence Awards. Our online readers expressed their views on this issue.
Greg Greaves: I really think something is wrong, what has Mr Gibson done to deserve being knighted, but then, since the standards are being lowered I soon will get my knighthood too.
Don Dougla Foster: I saw this cover you know what was the first thing I thought? Not if they deserve it, I was just proud they are Barbadians being recognized.
Titus Thomas: I don't know much about Mr. Gibson, but when I saw him I was a bit surprised. Congrats to Sir Frank Alleyne, well deserved.
Caleb Watson: Barbados does not need that colonial garbage anymore. Barbados needs to divorce itself from its former colonial master.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on Stop complaining, says Inniss
- Mr Psychotic commented on Board probing bus video
- Sherville Harris commented on UPDATED: Barrack removes locks
- Leonard B commented on BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Canada still banking on the Caribbean
- D. Stoute commented on ‘Money in seaweed’