What’s Trending:Check on jobs
Tue, October 23, 2012 - 9:33 AM
The Nation's Online Editor Carol Martindale looks at What's Trending in Barbados today.
When Opposition St Philip South candidate Anthony Wood said that 16 000 private sector jobs have been lost over the past five years readers were swift to respond.
Wood is warning Government that while its immediate focus might be on saving public sector jobs, it also had an equal responsibility to protect private sector employment.
Readers had this to say:
Javier Maynard: "Really? Where's the proof, who did the surveys, polls? Who are these people doing these studies and giving these numbers?"
John Herbert: "Anyone 'fact check' that or we will just run with it?"
Suzette Lashley: "Says who? Wood? Where did he come from all of a sudden? Signs and wonder."
Princess Tiny Neferua: "I thought they say employment was the best it was in years? I probabaly was reading the New York Times."
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Mottley fails to meet PM
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on THE HOYOS FILE: The menacing mood of passive resistance
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on EDITORIAL: Talk to the people, Mr Stuart
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Moody’s: No growth
- Orson Arthur commented on ATM alert