What’s Trending:Honest day’s work for pay
Mon, January 21, 2013 - 9:41 AM
The Nation’s Online Editor Carol Martindale looks at What’s Trending today in Barbados.
Prime Minister Freundel Stuart wants to see more people doing an honest day’s work for a honest day’s pay.
Our readers are commenting on this story.
Abraham Millington: “In such a small country which heavily depends on organic cohesion and is not foreign to the formal and informal expectations of workers’ rights and can preach what is expected, by the same loud speaker is seldom seen bellowing any accountability or stewardship acclaim.”
Titus Thomas: “I so agree with you Mr. PM. Let it start with you and your ministers. Some people wait until the boss is around to look busy. Some people sleep on the job, then over stay the contracted period trying to look busy.”
Margaret Ross: “When it comes to work and earning it honestly, I'm all for that. Now some, would rather not; those are the ones who don't have good intentions.”
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Not fit for old woman
- Mac 10 commented on No to backpacks
- Tony Webster commented on Ebola workers slaughtered
- Wayne Webster commented on THE HOYOS FILE: Last gasps of the dying cartel
- Wayne Webster commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Wife points out past lovers