What’s Trending:Rock Hall squatters
Sat, March 23, 2013 - 9:47 AM
The Nation’s Online Editor Carol Martindale looks at What’s Trending today in Barbados.
Readers are today still talking about the squatters in Rock Hall, St Phillip who were featured in yesterday’s WEEKEND NATION. They believe that since most of them have been there for almost 15 years, they should have access to water and electricity. They also believe their status should be regularized.
This is what some readers are saying.
Donna P: “Let the people live do or let them relocate to some place else. Government needs to stop selling all the land and give the poor people somewhere to live.”
Ian Massiah: “What is really weird about the squatters is the Barbados Water Authority and Light and Power have service running to this area above the airport. Politicians do not seem to mind.”
Jenipher Ifill:”I guess they don't care that they are squatting on a old dump.”
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years