What’s Trending:Rock Hall squatters
Sat, March 23, 2013 - 9:47 AM
The Nation’s Online Editor Carol Martindale looks at What’s Trending today in Barbados.
Readers are today still talking about the squatters in Rock Hall, St Phillip who were featured in yesterday’s WEEKEND NATION. They believe that since most of them have been there for almost 15 years, they should have access to water and electricity. They also believe their status should be regularized.
This is what some readers are saying.
Donna P: “Let the people live do or let them relocate to some place else. Government needs to stop selling all the land and give the poor people somewhere to live.”
Ian Massiah: “What is really weird about the squatters is the Barbados Water Authority and Light and Power have service running to this area above the airport. Politicians do not seem to mind.”
Jenipher Ifill:”I guess they don't care that they are squatting on a old dump.”
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?