WICB pleased to have Gayle backChris Gayle (FP)
Fri, May 11, 2012 - 8:00 AM
THE West Indies Cricket Board yesterday broke its silence on Chris Gayle’s pending return to the regional team.
The regional governing body said it was “pleased” Gayle had made himself available to play.
Gayle announced last week he would pull out of his contract with English county Somerset in order to make himself available for the limited overs phase of West Indies’ tour of England, and in “all forms of cricket” in the future.
“Directors of the West Indies Cricket Board recently met by teleconference and are pleased that consistent with his previous commitment Mr. Chris Gayle has made himself available for selection to the West Indies team,” a WICB statement said.
“The board believes that Mr Gayle’s stated commitment to West Indies cricket will be an asset to the team and looks forward to his contributions in that regard.” (CMC)
- Editor's Choice