Wine standStudents re-examining some of the bottle holders that attracted much attention. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Wed, October 31, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Metal wine bottle holders, designed and made by students are among an array of imaginative creations displayed at the first annual Secondary School Visual Arts exhibition.
The works came in for high praise from Joseph King, principal of the St Leonard’s Boys’ school, where the exhibition was opened yesterday. He said the products of the young artists showed they were into more than hairstyles and cellphones, and had deep reserves of creativity.
The exhibition is a part of the Ministry of Education’s celebration of 50 years of free secondary school education in Barbados. (MK)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’