Wine standStudents re-examining some of the bottle holders that attracted much attention. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Wed, October 31, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Metal wine bottle holders, designed and made by students are among an array of imaginative creations displayed at the first annual Secondary School Visual Arts exhibition.
The works came in for high praise from Joseph King, principal of the St Leonard’s Boys’ school, where the exhibition was opened yesterday. He said the products of the young artists showed they were into more than hairstyles and cellphones, and had deep reserves of creativity.
The exhibition is a part of the Ministry of Education’s celebration of 50 years of free secondary school education in Barbados. (MK)
- Editor's Choice
- David Hall commented on Call to cut cost of travel in region
- dirtyokra two point o commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell about my wife’s affair?
- Wayne Webster commented on Boyce: Pardon cricket rebels
- Wayne Webster commented on FULL FEATURE: Barbadians ‘grudge’ icon
- l h commented on Fake interpreter