Woman on $10 000 bailAlisa Ellis leaving the Holetown Magistrates’ Court yesterday with a relative who signed bail on her behalf. (Maria Bradshaw)
By Maria Bradshaw | Tue, January 15, 2013 - 9:00 AM
THE PROSECUTION has not yet decided if 24-year-old Alisa Katrina Ellis, charged with concealing the birth of her baby on December 26, 2012, will be prosecuted indictably or summarily.
When Ellis, a general worker who resides at Crusher Site Road, Prospect, St James, appeared yesterday in the Holetown Magistrates’ Court, prosecutor Sergeant Cheston Forde said he was still awaiting instructions from the Office of the Commissioner of Police on how to proceed.
If the case is prosecuted indictably, it would be placed before the High Court.
Magistrate Barbara Cooke-Alleyne adjourned the matter until April 22 and placed Ellis on $10 000 bail with one surety. (MB)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Carl Harper commented on Married man wants me for sex only
- Carl Harper commented on Come again on location of Ebola unit
- Harold Harris commented on Tanker blocked due to Ebola fears
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen