Fri, November 30, 2012 - 12:06 AM
THIS COUNTRY’S CHIEF JUSTICE, and a leading academic, have been conferred with the knighthood, Barbados’ highest honour, in this year’s Independence National Awards.
The Knight of St Andrew has been bestowed on Chief Justice Marston Creighton Dacosta Gibson for his outstanding contribution to the legal profession in Barbados and at the international level, and to Professor Dr Frank Walton Alleyne, economist, for his outstanding contribution to education, especially at the tertiary level, and for his public service to the people of Barbados.
A humble Sir Frank, who is well known for his work with the National Insurance Scheme and service on various public sector boards, said last night of his honour: “This is definitely a time for gratitude.”
Sir Marston declined comment last night.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on Barrack negotiations continuing
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Easing the burden of families hit by disaster
- Snow Cone commented on CBS ends deal with Rihanna
- daneale o'neale commented on ‘Insult to union’
- Tony Webster commented on We must travel!