Jordan new Editor-in-Chief

Jordan new Editor-in-Chief Kaymar Jordan, new Editor-in-chief of THE NATION newspapers.

Sun, July 25, 2010 - 12:00 AM

Publisher and CEO of The Nation Publishing Co. Limited, Vivian-Anne Gittens, has announced the appointment of prominent Barbadian and Caribbean journalist Kaymar Jordan to the position of Editor-in-Chief of the Nation newspapers.

Jordan, currently Director of News and Current Affairs at the Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC), officially takes up the position on September 1, 2010.

“I grew up on the Nation. For me, it is the leading newspaper in Barbados and to be given the opportunity to lead its editorial team is truly humbling.

“I look forward to working with the entire team to ensure that the Nation remains the paper of choice,” she said in accepting her new mandate.

Jordan, who holds a master’s degree in communications policy (with distinction) from City University of London and a bachelor’s degree in management from the University of the West Indies, brings a wealth of media experience and training to the position.

She has already accumulated 17 years of varied experience in journalism. She started out as a rookie reporter/sub-editor at the Caribbean News Agency (CANA) back in 1993.

She quickly moved up the ranks from radio producer to print editor, regional television lead anchor and newsroom manager.

Gittens welcomes Jordan’s broad multimedia experience and skills as the Nation goes through its transition to meet the expanded and diverse needs of its audience and customers.

“We are happy to have her join the Nation team. Her range of work as a journalist across the region already speaks for itself. I believe that coupled with her strong work ethic, professionalism, obvious passion and drive, she will be an asset to the Nation family,” Gittens said.

The position of Editor-in-Chief has been vacant since the retirement in 2006 of Harold Hoyte, co-founder of the newspaper and its Editor Emeritus.

(PR)

Posted by AXer 4 years, 2 months ago
Way to go Kaymar!!! Congrats!!!!

Fellow Axer

Posted by Bajan Boy 4 years, 2 months ago
Congratulations Kaymar Nation as usual made a wonderful choice..In welcoming you I also want to ask you to get your IT people to develop a more user friendly,attractive web site than this horrible North American copy cat website. EVEN the Advocate makes it easier and that is the hardest thing I had to say for a long time.

God bless and good luck

Posted by Double U 4 years, 2 months ago
Welcome to the team. You have alot of work already cut out for you. My best wishes.

Please convey my message that the website is still too slow and cumbersome. Please ask the IT staff if anything can be done about the family notices.
Thank you.

Posted by mary 4 years, 2 months ago
Congrats, i have always admired you, such a humble and nice person. I have watch grow from way back in the 90's at CANA and catching the bypass bus.
What a GEM of a person. God is with you and he is watching over you in your new position my friend.

Posted by alison sandiford 4 years, 2 months ago
KAYMAR ..CONGRATS I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ,I AM NOT SUPRISED YOU MOVING UP YOU ARE ALWAYS BE A PROGRESSIVE PERSON. ....GALLY'FROM THE USA.

Posted by D BOSS 4 years, 2 months ago
CONGRATS KAYMAR NOT SURPRISED @ ALL GREAT THINGS HAPPEN TO GREAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU ALL THE BEST

Posted by Vicky 4 years, 2 months ago
Congrats Kaymar! I share the views of others, make the website more user friendly.

Posted by h.callen. 4 years, 2 months ago
Congrats to you and and I`m
looking forward to see if they will be any changes in the way that reporting the news is being done.I know that some people don`t like changes especially when they`re comfortable in their old settings,so you can look out for some negetive talk in the work place.I read that the position was vacant for 4 years,what I would like to know if the person that was doing the job,I presumed they were paid the
salary for that position,
now that they have hired some one for the position, would the person that was doing job, would their salary remain the same afer
holding the job for
sometime.Just asking.

Posted by Ashlee 4 years, 2 months ago
Congratulations Kaymar you truly deserve it from ever Mass Comm. student past and present.

Posted by kharris 4 years, 2 months ago
So why wasn't this position advertised? And what is wrong with Carol Martindale and Sanka Price being appointed to this post? They have similar qualifications to Jordan, are Nation stalwarts and have more experience. This doesn't look good at all. What will be the status of Roxanne Gibbs? There is more to this than meets the eye.

Posted by junior(postman) 4 years, 2 months ago
congrats girl i know u will do a great JOB

Posted by Vin JOBE 4 years, 2 months ago
Congratulations Kaymar you truly deserve it, you are the GEM of the Caribbean. God is with you and he is watching over you in your new position my friend and I really love you, stay SWEET and SAFE as always!!!

Do you agree with Acting Assistant Commissioner of Police Erwin Boyce that convicts should be made to pay for their stay at HMP Dodds?

• October 1, 2014 - 2014 10 01