Accident victim dies in hospital
Sat, November 10, 2012 - 12:01 AM
An early morning accident yesterday claimed the life of Rodney Weekes.
It also resulted in 20 other people, including 18 schoolchildren, suffering injuries.
Police public relations officer Inspector David Welch said that the accident occurred at Ashbury, St John, at 7:50 yesterday morning and involved a Barbados Transport Board bus driven by Lionel Jones and a motor car driven by Weekes.
Police said that Weekes, of Marley Vale, St Philip, suffered multiple head injuries and was taken by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH), where he died later in the afternoon.
His passenger Michael Blackett, 57, a neighbour and friend for ten years, complained of pains about the body. He, too, was taken to the QEH by ambulance, the lawman reported.
Blackett’s daughter Loketa said that her father and Weekes were on their way to St Thomas to carry out construction work.
Jones, 57, complained of injuries, and he and the 18 schoolchildren were treated at the scene by four medical doctors.
The death was Barbados’ 24th road fatality for the year. (LK)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Orange Peel commented on Raunchy beach party
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Hoping to make friends with other retirees
- daneale o'neale commented on NCC talks today
- James Lynch commented on Export lift
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past