Ailing GarciaRaul Garcia ((FP))
Tue, November 13, 2012 - 12:10 AM
CUBAN detainee Raul Garcia was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) last Monday for emergency medical treatment of an undisclosed ailment.
A source told the DAILY NATION Garcia was taken to the Accident & Emergency Department after complaining about abdominal pains and a growth on his face that was bleeding.
When contacted, Garcia’s attorney at law, David Comissiong, said he only found out that the detainee had been taken to the hospital after receiving a telephone call from a reporter. However, he confirmed that Garcia did have a growth on his face which was bleeding profusely.
While pointing out that he could not disclose any further details about Garcia’s health problems, Comissiong said he was informed that his client would need to have further tests but the QEH had indicated that such tests could not be undertaken until next year because the facility was fully booked. (MB)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past