Bajan fare Brooklyn-bound
Fri, November 16, 2012 - 12:07 AM
Within the next year, Barbadians and other Caribbean nationals living in Brooklyn, New York, should be seeing some of their favourite Bajan brands of seasonings, condiments and even pastries, in retail outlets.
Purity Bakeries, Jay’s Enterprises Inc., trading as Superb Blend, and Choo’s Enterprises Ltd, the producers of the Try It range of spices, herbs and condiments, yesterday announced plans to penetrate the North American market.
The three companies, which benefited from the FINPYME ExportPlus Technical Assistance Programme offered by the Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC), with support from the Korean government, presented their export plans at the Cave Hill School of Business following a round-table discussion on export best practices.
Sales and distribution manager of Purity Bakeries, Jennifer Floro, said the company was conducting “extensive research” on exporting to North America, especially Brooklyn, with its 2.5 million people of whom hundreds of thousands are of Caribbean descent. (NB)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past