Barbadian accused of smuggling cocaine into Bermuda
Sun, December 23, 2012 - 4:07 PM
HAMILTON, Bermuda - A 39-year-old Barbadian man is to stand trial in Supreme Court after being accused of smuggling approximately US$178,000 of cocaine into Bermuda.
Dave Trotman appeared in Magistrates’ Court on Friday to face charges of importing a controlled substance and possessing a controlled drug with intent to supply in an incident on December 18.
Trotman was not required to enter a plea as his case is indictable and will be dealt with in Supreme Court.
No bail application was made for Trotman who remained silent throughout the proceedings.
Senior Magistrate Archibald Warner remanded Trotman in custody until January 4, when he is scheduled to return to court. (CMC)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Pan Wallie commented on Home cry
- Wayne Webster commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women